Gilberts has been registered to train chartered accountants for over fifty years. We pride ourselves on the breadth of training we provide, which gives any newly qualified accountant a good foundation for a successful career. We are looking for people with enquiring, lively minds and a strong sense of commitment. In return we offer an excellent training programme and career opportunities.
You will need:
- Minimum 300 UCAS points (we do not specify any particular degree subject)
- Minimum 2:1 degree or expected result
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to handle responsibility
As a medium-sized firm, we offer a wide range of work experience for our trainees including:
- Company and specialist audit work
- Year end and management accounts work
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and computations
- Preparation of income tax returns and computations
- Use of accounting software such as Xero, Sage and Quickbooks
- Company statutory work
- Preparation of VAT returns, P11Ds and other Inland Revenue and Customs documents
Trainees have direct contact with clients and their staff. The work is split between office-based and out at clients’ premises with the majority of travel being within the Hertfordshire area but some further afield.
We use a leading firm of accountancy tutors to help you prepare for and pass your examinations. The exam study method we have found to be the most effective is a combination of a home study programme and study leave to attend courses spread throughout the duration of your three year training contract.
We will help you to get the right mix, and we'll expect you to take responsibility for projects and people as soon as you're ready. In addition, you'll acquire strong IT, communication and management skills.